Snack time is such a big part of many kids’ lives. I know I used to live for my after-school snacks when I was little! Being a parent is busy enough so we need simple, easy ideas when it comes to snacks. It’s also important to make sure the snacks our children are eating are healthy, especially if they’ve had a busy day at school and need that extra energy boost to keep them going until bedtime. I’ve rounded up ideas from fellow parent bloggers with their best healthy, after-school snacks. Enjoy!
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins – Sneak in veggies with this delicious recipe
- Nutty Chocolate Chip Energy Bars – A great Lara bar alternative full of energy and a hit with the kids
- Gluten-free Snack Mix – This one is sure to be a hit with the kids
- Yogurt and Berry Bites – This simple snack looks easy and tasty
- Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi – What a fun and healthy snack idea
- Cinnamon Apple Zucchini Muffins – Another great muffin recipe that easily hides the healthy veggies for picky eaters
- Family Snack Bar – I love this little snack bar option and kids will too
- Apple and Raisin Pizzas – These healthy pizzas are such a fun snack idea
- Date Almond Energy Smoothie – The perfect filling and delicious smoothie
- Salted Crispy Almonds – Almonds are the perfect healthy fix and this simple recipe makes them fun
- Applesauce Toppings Bar – Applesauce is a favourite in our house and I’m sure kids will love this after-school snack idea
- Grazing Tray – This tray would be a huge hit with my own little grazer
- Berry Gummies – If your little ones love gummies as much as mine do, try this healthy recipe
- Moon Balls – Healthy energy bars that are the perfect size for snacking
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bites – This delicious recipe blends in healthy goodness with two of my favourites – chocolate and peanut butter
- Hidden Vegetable Popsicles – How delicious do these popsicles look, especially on warm days?
- No-Bake Protein Bars – These no-bake bars are pretty simple to whip up the night before and are so delicious
- Almond Joy Granola Bars – Another yummy healthy bar from Oh She Glows, these one are a winner too
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Chickpeas – My guy loves snacking on roasted chickpeas and we can’t wait to try this recipe
- Oat Snackles – These quick bites are a hit in our house
- Banana Oat Bundles – Another great oat snack bite that is pretty simple to make
- Colour-Coded Healthy Snack Trays – This is such a fun idea combining snacking and learning
- Instant Oatmeal Muffins – If you have some instant oatmeal lying around, check out this muffin recipe
- Quick and Easy Snacks – There are some fun ideas in here for healthy and easy snacks
- Healthy Snacks for Kids – Here is a list of even more healthy and quick snack ideas
What’s your favourite healthy snack idea for kids? I’d love to know!
37 Comments on “Healthy After-School Snack Ideas”
Some wonderful ideas in here! Thank you for sharing 🙂
The Almond Joy granola bars sounds really yummy.
yogurt berry bite are a current favorite!
love the Yogurt and Berry Bites
Moon Balls – fun to eat, more fun to say
Great healthy snack ideas!! Thanks 🙂
I’ll be sure to bookmark this page! Thanks so much for this wonderful list!
Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi is a hit with my grandkids
Some really great snack ideas! Going to make the Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi this week.
A very nice collection of snack ideas. No doubt kids will love them 🙂
Salted crispy almonds are my new favorite!
Apple and Raisin Pizzas …oh that will be delicious
Like the sushi! Great idea!
No-Bake Protein Bars are a hit with hubby
Love how creative these are… I’ve been looking for some new ideas to inspire the little ones to eat healthy; really love the PB Banana Sushi!
Super cute – Banana Sushi!!!! I’ve never seen anything like it. I think my kids would love it 🙂
love these ideas!
I tried the Cinnamon Apple Zucchini Muffins recipe and i must say they were very good
Thanks! I am always looking for good ideas to bring to the after-school table!! I really like the banana sushi!!
The cinnamon apple zucchini muffins sound really good.I am going to try them first.Thanks for all the healthy ideas.
thank you for all these great ideas. When I was in kindergarten (many moons ago) they had us take a banana, put it on a stick, spread it with peanut butter, and roll it in bread crumbs.. peanut butter sandwich on a stick! I still do it with my kids, and its a fan favorite!
This is a great round-up of snack recipes. I pinned it on my snack board. Thanks
So many good ideas here – I love the Quick ‘n Easy No-Bake Protein Bars from Oh She Glows – I took her new cookbook out of the library – so many fun and healthy ideas! What is so great about so many of these recipes is how tasty and enticing the look – much more interesting than a bag of chips!!
what great ideas
You’ve got a great list of snacks but my favorite is Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, yummy !
This is an awesome list of goodies to make.I must try the Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins now. TY 🙂
Those bananas look so good. They remind me of a snack my Mom use to make.
I think I would enjoy the banana oat bundles! Great post workout snack!
These are such great suggestions!
I love these snack ides! Thank you so much!
There is a lot of great snack ideas thank you
I will have to make some of these recipes they all look so delicious
Great selection of healthy snacks for after school or really anytime.
These healthy snacks will be great for lunch kits and after school
These are great healthy options The chocolate peanut butter snack bits look so delicious
Some good ideas here. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing all the neat ideas !