The beginning of a new year is often filled with optimism, fresh starts, and a new list of must-read books.
I love putting together a list of books to read, and below is my list of best-sellers to read during these first few months of 2023.
I finished reading Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins, and loved it. Such a fun, thrilling adventure story. Read it in just a couple of days. I also loved The Silent Patient by Alex Michelins , and It Ends with Us by Coleen Hoover, both hard to put down once I started.
I can’t wait to make my way through my list below. I am excited to share it with you as well.
Have you read any of the books here? Share your thoughts in the comments!
- Spare: Prince Harry The Duke of Sussex: For the first time, Prince Harry tells his own story, chronicling his journey with raw, unflinching honesty. A landmark publication, Spare is full of insight, revelation, self-examination, and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
- The House in the Pines: Ana Reyes: Armed with only hazy memories, a woman who long ago witnessed her friend’s sudden, mysterious death, and has since spent her life trying to forget, sets out to track down answers. What she uncovers, deep in the woods, is hardly to be believed….Utterly unique and captivating, The House in the Pines keeps you guessing about whether we can ever fully confront the past and return home. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: Taylor Jenkins : “Heartbreaking, yet beautiful” (Jamie Blynn, Us Weekly), The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is “Tinseltown drama at its finest” (Redbook): a mesmerizing journey through the splendor of old Hollywood into the harsh realities of the present day as two women struggle with what it means—and what it costs—to face the truth. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
- Mad Honey: Picoult: Mad Honey is a riveting novel of suspense, an unforgettable love story, and a moving and powerful exploration of the secrets we keep and the risks we take in order to become ourselves. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
- The Silent Patient: Alex Michaelides: The Silent Patient is a shocking psychological thriller of a woman’s act of violence against her husband―and of the therapist obsessed with uncovering her motive. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
- It Ends with Us: Colleen Hoover: In this “brave and heartbreaking novel that digs its claws into you and doesn’t let go, long after you’ve finished it” (Anna Todd, New York Times bestselling author) from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of All Your Perfects, a workaholic with a too-good-to-be-true romance can’t stop thinking about her first love. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
- Lessons in Chemistry: Bonnie Garmus: Laugh-out-loud funny, shrewdly observant and studded with a dazzling cast of supporting characters, Lessons in Chemistry is as original and vibrant as its protagonist. This blockbuster debut set in 1960s California features the singular voice of Elizabeth Zott, a scientist whose career takes a detour when she becomes the star of a beloved TV cooking show. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
- The Light We Carry: Michelle Obama: In an inspiring follow-up to her critically acclaimed, #1 bestselling memoir Becoming, former First Lady Michelle Obama shares practical wisdom and powerful strategies for staying hopeful and balanced in today’s highly uncertain world. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
- Reckless Girls: Rachel Hawkins: Beautiful, wild, and strange―Meroe Island is a desolate spot in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with a mysterious history of shipwrecks, cannibalism, and even rumors of murder. It’s the perfect destination for the most adventurous traveler to escape everything… except the truth. Amazon US / Amazon CAN
Have you read any of the books above? If you have share your thoughts below. If not but you are going to, come back to leave your thoughts after you read them.