This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
This year more than ever I have been looking for ways to make personalized gifts for my family and friends for the holidays. I love making gifts with a meaning behind them and personalized gifts are so special.
I decided to make some cute personalized minimalist, Scandinavian Style Holiday Pillows using my Cricut Joy, to send as gifts to my family, sending some holiday cheer and love from me, to their home.
I used my Cricut Joy machine and some iron-on sheets for this DIY project. Full details and step by step instructions below.
1. Using the free Cricut Design app find the images you want to use for your holiday pillows. I chose a minimalist Christmas tree from the Cricut image library.
2. Select the right size and follow the instructions on the app to select the material (iron-on sheet). Don’t forget to choose Mirror Image before cutting.
3. Load your cutting mat with the iron-on sheet (shine side face down) and follow the prompts to cut your design.
4. Weed excess iron-on around the images.
5. Place your design (shiny side up), and the transfer paper on top, then use the iron or the EasyPress to apply your design to your pillow cover. ( Go to the heat guide here, input your materials and you’ll find the perfect temperature and method to affix your design) https://cricut.com/en_us/heatguide
6. Press down for 15 seconds on the front, 15-seconds on the back, and then let the design cool before peeling off the plastic.
7. Stuff you pillowcase.
YOU ARE DONE!
What do you think? Do you love modern, simple, Scandinavian style pillows as well? I think this turned out super cute, and it was so easy to make. After making this gift I ended up making an extra pillow for my home as well, perfect to add some simple holiday cheer to my living room decor.
I love how versatile the Cricut Joy is, and all the amazing projects I can make, including personalized gifts for friends and family this holiday season. So many project ideas.
If you end up making a pillow yourself, let me know how it turns out. Happy crafting, and gift-giving this year friends!