The seasonal aisles at the local home and garden stores are now fully stocked with BBQs, patio furniture, and oh-so-fabulous backyard lounge chairs. As the sun is finally coming, we are dreaming of backyard get-togethers and sharing a few simple, budget-friendly tips and tricks to help you make your patio furniture look new again.
Getting your Backyard Ready for the Summer On a Budget
- Deep Clean. Before you think about tossing old stained furniture cushions, give them a clean. Mix OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover with water and let the cushion covers soak for 1 to 6 hours, depending on the severity of the stain. Wash as normal, and your cushions should come out stain-free and look brand new.
- Get rid of the weeds. Watering your weeds makes it easier to pull them out. If it hasn’t rained in a few days, water your weeds before yanking them. If the soil is moist, you are also less likely to disturb any plants nearby.
- Scrub your patio furniture. Mix OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover with water (following the instructions on the package) and apply the solution to your patio furniture. Let stand for a few minutes and scrub as needed. It will leave everything looking neat and clean again.
- Find Design Inspiration. Head to Pinterest for some design inspiration. Consider moving planters and patio furniture to different spots within your space to give it a fantastic new look and feel.
- Soothe any sore muscles: You just created a summer oasis in your backyard, but now your muscles are all achy from all the cleaning and moving of furniture. Easy! Rub and soothe your sore muscles with Rub A535 Extra Strength Heating Cream. The best thing about this product is that it works fast and is non-greasy so you can put it on right before yo go to bed, and it won’t stain your sheets.
Have you started prepping your backyard for the summer months? Share your favourite budget-friendly tips for getting your outdoor space, garden party ready.
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Oxi Clean and RUB-A535. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.
12 Comments on “Getting your Backyard Ready for the Summer On a Budget”
My patio furniture stays out year round but not the cushions of course. It’ll soon be time for a good clean up. It was actually nice later on this afternoon, hopefully it will be tomorrow too. 🙂
Great tips. I did all my back-yard cleaning last week and boy was it tough!
We had fun getting our deck all ready ! hubby made sure to wash the deck down, seed the lawn, I washed the furniture and we both helped each other bring it all out. NOW to de-weed
Tons of weeds for my to pull in front and back yard… it’ll take forever.
I never thought of using Oxi-Clean for stained patio cushions but that’s a great tip! I’ll be doing weed pulling in my yard soon.
I’ve done all my garden prep, and cleaned, just need some new outdoor furniture! Always stocked up on OxiClean!
This year, my hubby bought an enclosed porch swing for me for Mother’s Day. We have had our eyes on them and finally got a great deal on a clearance one!
This year we’re staining our deck, painting old furniture and starting a vegetable garden.
always pulling weeds, makes a huge difference in keeping things looking tidy 🙂
It’s been lovely here and I’ve now got everything cleaned up, my potatoes planted in a container, tomatoes too and lots of flowers, all have to be in containers which is a pity and I’m not sure how the potatoes and tomatoes will do as I don’t think that they get enough light – there’s hardly any sun on my north facing patio with the shadow of the overhead balcony. 🙁
Your tips are great and I never thought about using Oxi Clean to get everything clean
May 11th today and it’s nothing like spring, we’ve still got plenty of snow and our temperature hovers around the freezing point during the day and below at night.