I have worked with pediped in the past and we absolutely love the brand. Pediped shoes are perfect for children because they mimic barefoot walking and do not force children to change their natural stride, great for children learning to walk and new walkers.
I got the chance to try out their new pediped Originals that now feature a leather diamond tread on the sole that is more slip resistant. I like knowing that the potential for slipping is reduced with the new sole and that the shoes are as comfortable as before. The pediped Originals have some great features that make them one of my favorite styles.
I love that these shoes have a roomy toebox so little feet can move freely, allowing for proper strength development along with proper grasping action of the toes.
The velcro fastener closure make them super easy to put on and adjust as well. Great when little ones want to help, they can easily adjust their shoes after they are on.
The new spring/summer 2012 pediped originals will be priced at around $33 a pair and they will have sizes 0-24 months available. We tried their 18-24 months size and they fit my 16 month old perfectly.
Here is a short video of my little one doing what he does best every day while wearing his new pediped Original shoes.
Here is their latest news release as well:
pediped® Debuts Spring/Summer 2012 Collection with New Originals® Sole,
Expanded Adventure Line and 75 New Styles/Color Combinations
Trendsetting Color Palette of Jewel Tones, Metallics and
Bright Accent Colors Highlight Collection
HENDERSON, NV (February 2012) —The pediped® Spring/Summer 2012 collection makes its debut with more than 75 new styles and color combinations across pediped® footwear’s three signature lines: Originals®, Grip ‘n’ Go™ and Flex®. Highlights of the collection include a new sole for the Originals® line and an expanded Adventure Line. Kids everywhere will be able to enjoy the outdoors in style with footwear featuring a trendsetting color palette of metallic, jewel tones and bright accent colors, and comfort with all shoes in the collection offering pediped’s signature comfortable fit. With styles ranging from water-safe shoes, gladiator sandals, athletic styles, boat shoes, Mary Janes and more, pediped’s expansive Spring Summer 2012 collection includes a shoe for every need and occasion!
· The Originals® line of soft-soled infant shoes that mimic barefoot walking features a new sole and continues to grow with more styles and a wider variety of colors.
· Based on customer feedback, pediped® has created a more slip resistant sole. The new sole features a slip resistant diamond tread and is made of all natural high quality leather, just like before. See what these pediped® parent reviewers had to say and show about their experience with the improved Originals® sole design http://www.pediped.com/originalsimprovedsole.aspx.
· The Originals® collection will be priced at $33, and is available for children 0-24 months in age.
Grip ‘n’ Go™
· Grip ‘n’ Go™ footwear is made with all the benefits of Originals®, but with special G2 Technology for active toddlers that are transitioning to walking with a more confident stride.
· With over 15 new styles, the line features metallic sandals, classic Mary Janes and several new athletic styles.
· The Grip ‘n’ Go™ collection will retail for $47, and is available for children 9 months to 3 years in age.
· pediped Flex® is the ultimate shoe for confident walkers who have developed a solid, natural stride. The Flex line offers more than 60 styles in jewel tones, metallics and bright colors.
· The popular Adventure Line of rugged, water-safe, eco-friendly footwear has also expanded with over 15 styles. The Minnie and Amazon for girls both come in pediped’s new summer color pool. Fin, Delmar and Sahara are three new boys’ styles making their debut, all with bright pops of color.
· Flex® styles range in price from $39-$60 and are available in EU sizes 20-33 (size runs vary depending on style).
The Spring/Summer 2012 collection is now available online at www.pediped.com and in select retail stores.
pediped® footwear was founded in 2004 by Angela and Brian Edgeworth in their quest for the perfect soft-soled shoe for their first daughter. Exceptional quality, unsurpassed comfort and distinctive styling have made the award winning company the fastest-growing children’s footwear brand in the United States. pediped® footwear has been awarded the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance for the promotion of healthy foot development, and preeminent orthopedic medical professionals, Dr. Mininder S. Kocher and Dr. Thomas W. Vorderer, deem pediped® shoes an excellent choice for parents/caregivers who want their children’s feet to develop naturally and healthily. In 2011 Earnshaw’s, the premier media resource serving the children’s market recognized pediped® with Earnshaw’s Earnie Awards for Company of the Year and Best Footwear.
pediped® footwear is sold in over 3000 stores in the United States and 40 countries worldwide with an offering of more than 120 designs for boys and girls between their three lines, Originals®, Grip ‘n’ Go™ and Flex®. Originals® (soft-soled shoes for newborns to age 2), Grip ‘n’ Go™ (thin rubber-soled shoes for children ages 9 months to 3 years) and Flex® (rubber-soled shoes for children 1 to 8 years) are available in EU sizes ranging from 17 to 33. For more information, visit www.pediped.com.
Disclosure: I received a sample of a product to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided and and all views and opinions stated on this post are 100% my own.
About the Author
Hi, my name is Angela van Tijn and I live in Vancouver, Canada with my wonderful husband, our two boys and our puppy. I am the founder and primary contributor behind One Smiley Monkey. Welcome to my blog!
My name is Angela van Tijn, and I am the creator and writer behind One Smiley Monkey. I am passionate about writing, photography, hiking, travelling, exercising, and spending time outdoors with my family.
7 Comments on “Pediped: New Improved Slip Resistant Leather Sole for Pediped Originals”
I really like the variety of styles
Pingback: Pediped: New Improved Slip Resistant Leather Sole for Pediped … | pediped
I love the pediped flex shoes for my 2.5 year old. Great varieties, velcro and soles are long-lasting. They’ve handled many a hand-me-downs now.
They are so durable!
I really like the styles
These sounds like durable footwear
These Pediped shoes look so comfortable with their roomy toes and soles that have a diamond tread that prevents slipping. These are wonderful for young, growing and exploring feet.