Small children are always obsessed by the things their parents are into. As an obstacle course racer, it follows that my children are going to want to crawl, run and climb over everything they see. Which is usually me, or something that’s going to fall on top of them (sometimes that’s also me.)
The Lil’ Ocean Explorers 3-in-1 Adventure Course is a good way to get all that out of their system. They can crawl through it, run around it or play with any of the stations included.
This toy pretty much grows with them from birth and beyond. As a wee one, they could lie on their backs and play with the dangling jelly fish or anything else you wanted to throw onto one of two cloth hooks. I imagine all the cool stuff and cute illustrations would encourage them to try to roll over to get a better look or feel.
There’s plenty more to do when they are in sitting mode, like a steering wheel and gear shift (that clicks!), peek-a-boo window, mirror, and a bunch of ball drops. Again, they’re going to want to crawl around to check all the stuff at their level out. Especially if their big sister or brother just found something cool!
By the time they’re walking, there’s a whole new pile of activities to explore at their new found height. The chatty octopus at the end that launches balls in the air was a hit. In fact, I wouldn’t mind an adult sized one. On that note, the balls are small, light and yet sturdy and present no choking hazard.
All three stations are removable but I’m not sure I’d want to take any of them off.
There are so many bells and whistles that even my four-year-old kept finding new gadgets to play with. It was also sturdy enough to withstand her constantly crawling on top it, not an activity I’d recommend – but it goes to show that this one was built to withstand time and developmental levels.
The Lil’ Ocean Explorers 3-in-1 Adventure Course is a great holiday gift idea for the kids!
- The Ocean Adventure Course play center has three interchangeable play stations
that can be configured in different ways by snapping the legs together in each section
- The Octopus play station has a ball drop, clickers and spinners with fun sounds and
music to give positive reinforcement when your child stands or interacts with the toy
- The Submarine play section has a peek-a-boo door with a rotating wheel, a ball
drop, stretch fabric and spinners and clicker knobs.
- Your child will squeal with delight playing peek-a-boo or watching the ball come
through the shoot.
- The stretch fabric on the toy is a new play feature that your child will be sure to love
- The Underwater play section is a fabric canopy that your child will love to crawl
through. An adorable squid rattle hangs on one side.
- The Little Tikes adventure course contains 20+ sounds
- Volume switch under the octopus handle
- Requires 2 “AA” alkaline batteries (not included)
- Assembly Required.
- Recommended age: 6-36 months
- Price: $99.99 CDN
- Available at: Sears, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart
I was gifted product for review consideration, this is however not a paid post and all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.