This Halloween, for the first time, our youngest wanted to make a homemade Halloween costume. They usually ask for the typical store-bought outfits, but this year he was excited about making something from scratch.
With my husband’s help, and after many hours of planning and putting it together, they came up with this super cool DIY Classic Game Boy Halloween Costume.
Here’s how we put it together:
- We purchased some white sheets of coroplast, then measured Jasper’s body and created the body of the costume.
- Next, we got grey spray paint and spray-painted the coroplast.
- The controls and screen frame are made out of coloured foam sheets cut to size.
- The screen of the Game Boy is laminated green paper. My husband personalized his with his name. “Super Jasper World”.
- I helped make the vinyl text labels in my Cricut with standard black vinyl, and my husband applied them.
- The rest is just drawn in sharpie.
He was so super excited to wear his costume today. I love that he got to make this with my husband, and they had lots of fun making it together.
Jasper is already planning his costume for next year, and he is also hoping to go the handmade route.
Do you make your costumes too?