Looking for a fun indoor activity to do with the kids? Crafts and DIYs are always so fun to do with my boys; they love them. We recently made some adorable personalized bookmarks using our Cricut Joy. They turned out so cute, and all we used was some colourful cardstock.
The boys both love reading and they are little bookworms; they read multiple books at the same time. Making their own personalized bookmarks was fun and super useful to help them keep their place in their favourite books.
Super easy instructions on how to make these with your kids are below.
Making Personalized Bookmarks with Cricut
1. Open the Cricut Design app and start a new project.
2. Tap "Shapes" and select a square. Unlock the square and transform it into a rectangle. I did ours 2" by 4.5" for the rectangle and the rest 1" or 1.5" for the image.
3. Tap "Image" and find your image. We found all of ours in the image library, you can also upload your own images if you want.
4. Position the image at the top of the rectangular box, leave a bit of the bottom edge on the top of the rectangle overlapping to allow for the image to attach properly.
5. Select both pieces at the same time and tap "Actions", then "attach" and "weld".
6. Turn on your Cricut machine, load the cardstock onto the mat and the machine.
7. Follow the instructions.
8. Peel the bookmark away from the mat carefully, use the weeding tool if necessary.
This is such a fun activity to do with your kids. The boys had so much fun picking the images they wanted to have in their bookmarks.
After the cutting has been done.
So many different options! All of ours are images from the Cricut image library.
They were so happy with the results!
So easy and fun! Would love to hear what you think and see photos if you end up making your own. I would love to see them! Have fun making these, friends!
Disclosure: This is a paid partnership with Cricut. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.