Once children reach toddlerhood they start showing their own personality a lot more and what they like and don’t like. This new stage can be very entertaining and fun to witness.
Sometimes toddlerhood is looked upon as a terrible stage and you only hear about the “terrible twos” and dealing with the not so fun behaviors. Parenting a toddler can be challenging of course but today I want to talk about the wonders of it .
Think about toddlerhood as your reward after dealing with all the intense sleepless nights and endless daily diaper changes of infancy. You will get to sleep a bit better (hopefully) and change less diapers while enjoying the time you spend with your little one getting to know their personality.
So here is a small list of reasons to show you why parenting a toddler is awesome:
- They pretend play, so fun to witness
- They enjoy being read to and will actually sit down to listen to you
- They imitate everything you do, it is actually pretty funny to see
- They have their own language and hearing them use new words all the time is magical
- They can express their needs, point/talk and tell you what they want in their own way
- They are easy to distract when they are crying or upset
- They give hugs and kisses
- They are full of energy
- They dance with you
- They enjoy the simplest things and everything is interesting and new to them
- They have immense imagination
- They are little comedians and enjoy making you laugh
- They play on their own for long stretches
- They can walk with you to the park or store while holding your hand
- They say mama and dada and they mean it
- They feed themselves using a spoon/fork and drink from a cup
- They respond to simple directions like “sit down”
- They sleep better at night
- They want to explore everything
- They help clean up messes and pick up their toys
What else do you love about parenting a toddler?