Last month I had a chance to review the new Banana Boat Natural Reflects, see full review here. We also sent out 25 free full-size samples to some lucky Canadian readers to try out for themselves.
The winners had the option to send in their own honest review of the Banana Boat Natural Reflects to enter to win a $50 VISA gift card.
Here are some of the reviews I received from my readers:
- “There’s one thing I don’t want to see this summer and it’s red peeling skin. I was on the lookout for a more natural sunscreen that resembled something closer to organic sunscreen without the price tag that goes along with it, so I was pretty happy when this testing opportunity came along. I did a Google search on the ingredient list and no red flags jumped out at me, which was great. Application is a bit cumbersome, you really after to work the product into the skin, but the end result is a smooth skinned protected child whom won’t slip out of your grasp in a greasy mess. The product is mild and really does seem to reflect those harmful UVA and UVB rays, no redness, no burns, no peeling. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a gentler yet protective sunscreen. $11.99 is a reasonable price point for this product and I would say that it is worth it for your peace of mind. Thank you and best regards.”– Sabrina Tong
- “Thank you for the free sample of the Banana Boat Sunscreen. I am happy to say that I really like this product. It goes on easily and does not leave a white film. I felt like my child was well protected from the sun. I am also not worried about their being harsh chemicals added to my son’s skin. Thank you for making such a great product.” -Trisha K
- “I tested Banana Boat Natural Reflect sunscreen for kids on my nieces. They are fair skinned and my youngest niece burns very easily. After a weekend in the sun, I noticed the girls were tanning up, rather than burnt and peeling. I love that this natural sunscreen was more effective than all the other sunscreens we have tried. We will be using Banana Boat Natural Reflect sunscreen from now on. Thank you.” -Ashley J
- “I received the Banana Boat Natural Reflect Kids sunscreen lotion last week, but I don’t really had a chance to test it because it rained all week. Today we finally got a beautiful sunny day, that we spent outside. So, as promise, here is my review:
The Banana Boat Natural Reflect Kids sunscreen lotion has a very nice texture. Not too thick nor too liquid, it is easy to apply and leaves no oily, or white film, on the skin. Unlike some other creams, that are too fragrant, this product does not attract more of biting insects on the kid than on the other people who accompany it.
When we returned, after several hours spent in the sun, I did not notice any suspicious redness on the delicate skin of my beautiful two year old princess. The hypoallergenic product, with an SPF 50, seems really efficient for the type of skin of my granddaughter.
In conclusion: this sunscreen has so well filled all its promises that we give it a 5 stars.” – Miss Flagbrige and mamie Lucie
- “Thank you very much for this sample – we finally were able to try it out last weekend and it applied very easily – turned a bit of a purple colour so was easy to see where you needed to put more – really liked it for this reason”.- Kelly B
And the lucky winner of the $50 VISA gift card is: Sabrina Tong (picked randomly from the above reviews.) Congratulations! Big thanks to all of the reviewers.