As parents of two young children our Valentine’s Day celebrations have changed over the years. Finding a babysitter on Valentine’s Day can be difficult and expensive and most nice restaurants in town are booked weeks in advance. On the other hand, going to the movies means dealing with crazy busy parking and crowds.
Nowadays we stay at home instead and have a romantic date night in. The awesome thing about having Netflix is that we can pick any movies or shows we want to watch and we can enjoy a really good movie without leaving the house at all, all while the kids sleep!
With some champagne, chocolate, popcorn, a cozy blanket and Netflix you are ready for a romantic night in! Below some of our movie recommendations for you to watch this Valentine’s Day (some are oldies but goodies!):
- Her: I was so excited to see that “Her” is now available on Netflix Canada! I watched the movie a few years ago and would love to watch it again. —- “Her” is a 2013 American romantic science fiction comedy-drama film written, directed, and produced by Spike Jonze. The film follows Theodore Twombly, a man who develops a relationship with Samantha, an intelligent computer operating system personified through a female voice.
- Knocked Up: This one is hilarious for sure, and oldie but goodie movie. — Knocked Up is about a fun loving party animal, Ben Stone, the last thing he ever expected was for his one night stand to show up on his doorstep eight weeks later to tell him she’s pregnant.
- The 40 Year-Old Virgin: If you haven’t seen this movie then make sure you watch it! I’ve been a fan of Steve Carrel for a while and this is a silly but very funny movie. —– Ps. The title says it all!
- Wild: A powerful story of determination, survival. Wild is one of those movies that keep you interested the entire time, I also love the fact that is based on real life! —- Wild is a chronicle of one woman’s 1,100-mile solo hike undertaken as a way to recover from a recent personal tragedy.
- Ps. I Love You: Super cheesy romantic movie, but I absolutely love it. I say it is perfect for Valentine’s Day! —– A young widow discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life,
Any other movies streaming on Netflix that you would recommend for Valentine’s Day? Share them below!