10 Fun Activities/Games To Do at The Beach With Kids

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias

beach

We live in Vancouver and we are lucky to have nine public beaches in the city. Eight by the ocean and one by a freshwater lake. We are actually ten minutes away from one of them and we love spending time there, the beach is the perfect spot to go for a picnic, swim, sunbathe and play with the kids outdoors.

If you enjoy visiting the beach and you are hoping to play some fun games with the kids this summer then check out our list of things to do at the beach with kids below.

Playing at the beach

Note that some require toys that you may already have at home and some don’t even require any. For some of the ones that required extra things we headed to our local Walmart and picked up a few items, all inexpensive and readily available, we spent less than $25 for all!

Playing at the beach

• Water Balloon Fight
  • Sand Castle Building
  • Soccer Game
  • Simple Catch Game
  • Tag
  • Racquetball Game
  • Blowing Bubbles
  • Sand and Shell Art
  • Dig a hole and fill it up with water
  • Frisbee

Playing at the beach
Playing at the beach

I would love to hear about your favourite beach game/activity. Share them below!

The following two tabs change content below.

Angela V

Founder and Writer at One Smiley Monkey blog
Hi, my name is Angela van Tijn and I live in Vancouver, Canada with my wonderful husband, our two boys and our puppy. I am the founder and primary contributor behind One Smiley Monkey. Welcome to my blog!
    Pin It

16 responses to “10 Fun Activities/Games To Do at The Beach With Kids”

1. Elizabeth Matthiesen — June 22, 2015 @ 4:11 pm (#)

Living in the Prairies means the beach is a long way away for us. I loved going to the beach when I lived with my parents, it was only an hour away there.

2. kathy downey — June 22, 2015 @ 4:47 pm (#)

We live just a 15 minute walk from the beach and balls are all ways a hit

3. Little Miss Kate — June 22, 2015 @ 6:30 pm (#)

I can’t wait to have our first beach weekend, hopefully next weekend! My guys like soccer and building sand castles.

4. Aliya D — June 22, 2015 @ 6:50 pm (#)

When the boys were little, we would walk along the beach looking for “treasures” like old bottle caps, sea shells, sea glass for interesting animal life and sea weed.

5. Laurie P — June 23, 2015 @ 6:37 am (#)

building sand castles and making mini rivers connecting multiple castles was always a favorite!

6. Dandi D — June 23, 2015 @ 7:34 am (#)

We’ve never been to the beach as a family, but we’d really like to!

7. Randa @ TBK — June 23, 2015 @ 9:35 am (#)

My son loves bubbles but my favorite activity is building a sand castle. We’re heading to the lake tomorrow, and these are great ideas. I’ll bring him his soccer ball too, thanks for the reminder.

8. Christine — June 23, 2015 @ 9:58 am (#)

Oh, I love these beach activities! We live on an island, so we are surrounded by beaches in all directions. I’m keeping this post handy for future reference 🙂 We pretty much live on the beach all Summer!

9. Christine — June 23, 2015 @ 9:59 am (#)

As for our favourite beach activities? Building sand castles, making sand art, swimming, playing catch, playing tag, etc.

10. Aeryn Lynne — June 23, 2015 @ 11:52 am (#)

Such great items available for beach fun! I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed beach time with family/friends, but I do remember being enthusiastic over sand castles, lol! This post makes me want to bring the nephew over to the Islands for some castle-making fun. Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂

11. Maryann D. — June 27, 2015 @ 11:51 am (#)

These are all fun games to play at the beach. Walmart does have a lot of inexpensive supplies to purchase!

12. kathy downey — July 1, 2015 @ 12:02 pm (#)

There are also such great items available for beach at Dollarama

13. Melinda L. — July 6, 2015 @ 7:26 am (#)

Water fights and bubbles never get old 🙂

14. Victoria Ess — August 27, 2015 @ 1:41 pm (#)

I love building sandcastles!

15. Corey — March 18, 2016 @ 10:15 pm (#)

Turn on your web, start your visitor, and just key in the item’s title
    accompanied by “discount.

16. Hal — March 29, 2016 @ 1:37 am (#)

I love the Water Balloon Fight. But others games are also awesome.